£12.07 per hour
We are looking to recruit an Artworker on a temporary basis. The working hours are full time – 9am – 5pm
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of people in Manchester?
Manchester City Council’s Communications’ in-house design agencies are looking for an Artworker.
They produce high-profile work for a range of organisations across Greater Manchester. This ranges from NHS health campaigns, to promoting the city’s Manchester Day Parade and Manchester’s Christmas Markets.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Working in a fast-paced environment, and the team is required to manage a varied workload
on a day-to-day basis.
* If you have passion for the work you produce, want to work in a lively, hardworking environment and are confident that you have the skills we’re looking for, then this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
* To assist in this process, we provide employees with access to top-of-the-range kit and software to encourage the growth and development of talent.
To be considered for this role you will have:
* Previous experience required to be considered
* Educated to a level with a specialist design related qualification or demonstrable equivalent industry experience.
* Demonstrable experience as an artworker in a communications / production, or similar environment.
* Comprehensive working knowledge of industry standard Apple Mac design platforms and software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat
* In-depth Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign expertise
* Excellent typographical and layout skills
* An excellent eye for detail
* The ability to solve design-related problems
* Some experience creating animations in After Effects
* A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
* Preferably, an education to degree level
* You will need to show relevant samples of your work
Please email: or call on for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age