Manchester, Greater Manchester
Location: Manchester, Nationwide availability
Business Development Manager – Retail, Hospitality and Facilities Management, will have direct reporting line to the Head of National Sales. You will be responsible for managing the relationship and generating new business for large, complex accounts. Responsibilities include achieving sales targets, expanding existing customer relationships, new customer acquisitions and executing sales plans in support of business strategy.
Key Responsibilities as Business Development Manager:
• Develops, manages and maintains business relationships with accounts in line with business strategy.
• Develops growth from existing customers and new business opportunities.
• To upsell all managed service product lines and focus heavily on storage container growth.
• Responsible for negotiating commercially viable terms with customers
• Leads, manages and coordinates communication with customers at all levels.
• Prepare tailored presentations to key clients and deliver in a competent and professional manner.
• Responsible for measuring customer satisfaction, delivering against KPIs for national accounts and creating action plans to improve satisfaction.
• Coaches and mentors less experienced sales/account managers.
• Informs and demonstrates thorough knowledge of our product specifications and services.
• Develops account strategy and works with key stakeholders in business to achieve results.
• Regularly carries out visits to customer’s offices and locations.
• Recognise customer needs and suggest products to solve problems and create benefits for the customer.
• Lead by example and creates a culture which reflects our Company values.
• Elevates significant sales shortfalls, including developing strategies for continuous improvement.
• Works with peer groups to create a one team approach to achieve overall targets.
Competencies and Qualifications – Business Development Manager
• Industry specific knowledge, experience and network is essential.
• Passionate about consistently exceeding the expectations of the customer and lives our Customer Charter.
• Experience in customer visits including formulating sales calls plans, gathering information and progress through the sales process.
• Proven track record of delivering exceptional results and increase in growth in customer accounts.
• Excellent negotiation and customer relation skills, comfortable dealing with a wide range of customers and people.
• Confident presenter who is able to clearly communicate the strategic goals.
• Embraces change and is open to the ideas and opinions of others.
• Affiliation to trade associations to enhance networking and aid marketing knowledge would be desirable.
• Demonstrates excellent time management & the ability to work to deadlines.
• Adaptable, agile & flexible in approach.
• Strong IT skills and be familiar with SalesForce or similar CRM tools.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience of the construction and/or rental industries would be beneficial but not essential.
• Flexible and must be prepared to travel extensively within the UK.
• Full clean driving licence.
The above list is not exhaustive and you may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
What we can offer you as Business Development Manager
• Competitive basic salary
• Uncapped and achievable commission scheme
• 31 days holidays, including bank holidays which will increase with service to 36 days
• Free training and career progression plans
• Regular performance reviews and succession plans for 1, 3 and 5 years with opportunity for career progression.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about working in sales and has a positive and dynamic approach to their work. We are looking for an individual with good communication and problem-solving skills, a resilient and tenacious member of the team with the ability to make good commercial decisions and take ownership of problems. Above all, you’ll have a track record of achievement and be able to demonstrate high levels of integrity when dealing with both customers and colleagues