Are you looking for a new challenge? Would you like to be a part of a company that is experiencing extensive growth during uncertain economic times? A global engineering business supplying bespoke engineered products and engineered solutions to some of the largest manufacturing companies and defence contractors worldwide are looking to add a Strategic Buyer to their project team following the award of a large contract.
With true worldwide exposure, with over 20 global sites, the business has been trading for over 100 years and has over 1100 staff members worldwide. There are seven regional manufacturing facilities to support the growth of the business capability worldwide. The company focuses on heavy industrial rotating equipment supplying every major sector. The company is going through sustained growth and offers an excellent career opportunity to be involved with large cutting-edge projects.
Reporting directly into the Projects Director you will be required to Manage the procurement of new capital equipment, associated tooling and service contracts for the site for a major engineering project.
You will be responsible for:
* Ensure that all costs of the machines, including installation and services, are identified upfront and accounted for.
* Drive down-selection of machine options to reach a final contractible specification
* Procurement of contracts, tooling packages, service agreements and training for capital equipment in a heavy manufacturing plant.
* Procurement of civils, installation and connection services related to the capital equipment.
* Negotiate and agree contracts with suppliers.
* Negotiate machine performance criteria – uptime, machine tolerance capability, online diagnostics.
* Ensure compliance with all company procedures (quality, health and safety, environmental, legal etc)
* Strategic purchasing experience at a senior level in a manufacturing environment.
* Engineering background, Ability to read engineering drawings.
* Experienced in purchasing heavy production machinery.
* Experienced in procurement of services to support on time machine installation.
* Exposure to heavy production machinery sales to understand complete scope of supply.
If you fit the criteria and are interested in applying for this position then please click apply