Groundwork are looking for a Casual Worker (Youth and Community work) to join their team in Greater Manchester.
Job Title: Casual Worker (Youth and Community work)
Location: Great Manchester, mainly Oldham, Rochdale, Tameside and Bury
Job Type: Casual
– £8.63 per hour (up to 24 years of age)
– £9.20 per hour (25+)
– £11.37 per hour
Casual Worker – The Role:
Reporting to the Project Leader, the Casual Worker will be responsible for supporting the planning and delivery of Groundwork projects. Groundwork has a range of projects that require Casual Work support and we will allocate sessions based on the specific skill set of the Casual Worker.
Groundwork is currently looking for Casual Work support in the following areas:
– Prince’s Trust – The Prince’s Trust Team programme is a 13 week personal development course for young people aged between 16 and 25 years old. The Casual Worker will need the confidence and enthusiasm to engage and motivate young people to develop their life skills and achieve a qualification.
– Youth Work – Groundwork works with young people aged 15-24 on a variety of youth programmes aimed at mentoring and supporting young people. This includes 1-2-1 and group work.
– Education and Communities – confidence and ability to deliver practical sessions to programme participants; for example outdoor play sessions, community engagement, healthy eating and the environment.
– Construction and Practical Skills – delivery of construction (e.g. painting, plastering, brick laying, joinery) and practical activities (e.g. building planters, food growing, path laying) to our learner and community groups of all ages.
– Employability Support – delivery of activities to young people to help them progress into employment and further education. For example this could include job search, cover letters, interview techniques, completing application forms and organising site visits. We deliver a week of this activity at the end of each Prince’s Trust team.
– Recruitment – This role would require a confident and enthusiastic person with excellent communication skills to be involved in the recruitment of learners across our delivery. This would include outreach work (approaching people directly) and also liaising with our key referral partners.
All of the roles require an enthusiastic and committed person, who is able to engage, inspire and train people to help develop their skills, raise confidence and help them meet their aspirations.
There are two pay rates for the Casual Worker role – the lower pay rate is for assisting in the planning and delivery of sessions and the higher rate has increased responsibility for planning and leading delivery.
Casual Worker – Key Responsibilities:
– Be responsible for supporting the planning, recruitment and delivery of projects, which includes all the required elements as set by organisational quality standards e.g. safeguarding and health & safety
– Set programme objectives to meet both team and individual needs and deliver expected learning outcomes
– Engage and motivate project participants providing support for them to successfully complete Groundwork projects
– Where appropriate facilitate learners through relevant qualifications and help them collect and organise evidence as required
– Be responsible for completion of project paperwork- attendance registers, lesson planning and risk assessments for example
– Help enforce appropriate disciplinary procedures
– Liaise with other voluntary, statutory agencies and organisations in order to deliver activities complementary to existing projects throughout the boroughs
– Participate in all necessary training to meet the requirements of the role or project as directed by line manager
– Maintain professional standards at all times and ensure you portray a positive and professional reflection of Groundwork
– Ensure the well-being and safety of project participants
– Represent the Trust at internal and external meetings, as agreed by the Project Leader.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, press ‘apply’ today. You will be redirected to our site where you can complete your application.