Choice Teachers are seeking highly organised, motivated and enthusiastic Cover Supervisors to join our agency for day to day assignments within Salford. We are looking for interested candidates who live in Salford, Eccles, Worsley, Walkden, Irlam.
As a Cover Supervisor in a secondary school you will supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of secondary class teachers. You will be managing student behaviour in line with the school’s policies and procedures, as well as supporting students in undertaking learning activities across the curriculum.
The successful candidate is not required to hold specific qualifications or have previous experience as a Cover Supervisor.
We have part day bookings for Cover supervisors as well as full days. – We are looking to get candidates registered for when schools are back up and running
To excel in this role, you should
• Comfortable in being at the front of the classroom, managing a classroom and ensuring learners stay on task.
• Able to create a positive learning environment has good and strong classroom management
• Able to provide support to learners.
• Present work from a lesson plan to the students
• Be looking to gain more experience within a classroom setting
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Be confident and enthusiastic with a passion for teaching
• Adaptable, flexible, be able to work at short notice and get to schools quickly
• Be able to manage large groups of students, some of whom may display challenging behaviour
• Be able to work on your own initiative
For anyone who is interested but does not have any experience, we do offer a Cover supervisor work shop (Free of charge) just to give you tips and pointers on how to act with certain situations and what to expect. This role would benefit any candidates considering becoming a teacher in the future.
To work within school’s candidates, need:
• An Enhanced DBS Certificate for the Child Workforce which is within the previous 12 months or on the Update Service / be willing to undergo a DBS check
• Have the legal right to work in UK
• Be available to start quickly
• Safeguarding certificate – Training provided
• Two referee’s we can contact
If you think you are the right person for this role don’t delay – apply now!
Choice Teachers are committed to ensuring that we assist talented, ambitious teachers and support staff with the best opportunities to succeed by creating a platform for them to deliver whilst providing an unparalleled quality of service for our clients.
Our agency has evolved to become a successful, reliable and professional agency and is firmly established as the first-choice local agency for staff and schools alike.
Choice Teachers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applicants from all suitably qualified persons. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment