Manchester, Greater Manchester
Are you a tradesman that wants to come off the tools and is comfortable with people and finding your way round a computer? If so, this Desk based Building Technician/Surveyor role might just be for you.
Desk based Building Technician/Surveyor?
* Are you a tradesman that wants to come off the tools?
* Do you fancy working in an office as a desk based Building Technician/Surveyor
* Comfortable using new IT and technology?
* Good over the phone?
* Good with customers?
If you want off the tools but still want to use your building knowledge then read on as we’d like to hear from you.
Office based duties would be
* Provide technical support to surveyors and the case management team in respect of managing variations in repair scopes
* Assess contractor estimates and control repair schedules and costs from panel contractors
* Assist with the management of the field surveyors and handle a case load of desktop claims
* Provide support to existing national surveyor network and undertake building insurance surveys
* There is the opportunity to do overtime to get some extra money
Due to expansion, we are looking for a desk based Building Technician/Surveyor to join our expanding clients’ team. They are an independent building surveying company with offices in Greater Manchester.
What we are looking for
* Solid experience within the building industry
* Previous trade experience (as below) and good industry knowledge
* The ability to speak to customers, delivering good news or bad, over the phone
* Knowledge about evaluations
* Ability to work with computers, especially using Microsoft Office
* Must have own transport and valid driver’s licence
* Driven and ambitious
Past experience in construction i.e.; Joiner, Plasterer, Brick Layer, Contractor etc. is ideal. Maybe someone who has then gone on to either complete a qualification in Building Surveying or similar, and has some surveying experience.
But it could also suit someone who wants to move away from the tools and into an office based role where they can learn new skills and build a career off the tools, but still use their knowledge and experience. Joiners have typically been successful in this role because of their versatile build knowledge but loss adjusters/claims assessors could suit the role too.
In this desk-based Building Technician/Surveyor role the job is to offer technical support to the field based surveyors and the office based case management team.
You would also assess contractor estimates and make sure they are accurate and provide support to the company’s existing national building surveyor network.
To be successful in this role you would need to have strong industry knowledge, confident speaking to all levels of customer, know about evaluations and you must have your own transport.
In return you can expect:
* Salary: £20k-£24k depending upon experience
* OTE: £25k-£30k (after probationary period and uncapped)
* Office based role with opportunity to do some surveying work in the field
If you are interested in this position please contact Corinne on
(phone number removed)
or email a copy of your CV, quoting reference number: 2970 and where you saw the job advertised.
THIS JOB NOT FOR YOU? WHY NOT SIGN UP TO THE ‘JOB ALERTS’ ON OUR WEBSITE AND HAVE OUR LATEST VACANCIES COME STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX OR ‘LIKE’ OUR FACEBOOK PAGE FOR JOBS AND ADVICE DIRECT TO YOUR NEWSFEED