Prospero Teaching are looking for a Welfare Officer (term time only) to join a permanent position at a secondary school in the Hillingdon area.
This role would see you joining an improving school with a new headteacher for the new academic year supportive student welfare needs and provide first aid in the school. You will be expected to administer medicines as required and decide on the appropriate course of action and provide administration support across the school. You will need to be confident dealing with healthcare needs of professionals, students, staff and pupils and have experience of working within a school. We will ideally be looking for a candidate who holds a valid first aid certificate although training will be provided on starting the job for this, the school are hoping to bring someone on board with experience doing this role so extensive training is not required. The school provide a strong staff wellbeing programme, childcare and cycle to school vouchers and excellent transport links by train or bus/on-site parking if you drive so you are well supported working within the school.
The school are looking for a teacher who can join for a September 2020.
· Location – Hillingdon, London
· Position – Welfare Officer
· Type of work – Welfare Officer
· Contract or position start date – September 7th 2020
· Contract or position end date (if applicable) – N/A
· Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – perm
· Full time/part time – Full Time (term time only)
· Minimum rate of pay – £22,377 – £23,607
· Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Experience as a welfare officer previously within a school environment (recent/current experience is preferable)
· You will ideally hold first aid training and have experience/training administering treatments such as using an epipen
· Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year desirable however not essential
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
· Hold Right to Work in the UK
· Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
· Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
· Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
· In-house Training and Development Team