Bristol, London or Manchester. Please specify any preference on your application form.
Hours of Work:
Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between hours of 09:00 – 18:00.
As soon as possible. Please indicate your earliest possible start date on the application form.
About the Company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do.
Eunomia work primarily in the fields of waste management, resource efficiency, low carbon energy, marine planning and climate change mitigation. We employ around 100 staff and have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Brussels, Athens, New York and Auckland.
In the context of the climate emergency, Eunomia advises organisations that are trying to take urgent action to achieve carbon neutrality. The successful applicant will work as part of a team, predominantly supporting municipalities and businesses to identify cost-effective pathways towards substantial reductions in emissions. This may include scope 1, 2 and/or 3 emissions, and for municipalities may also involve evaluating opportunities to influence emissions reduction in their local area.
This will involve using and developing Eunomia’s proprietary carbon modelling tools, and working with researchers to gather evidence regarding the cost and effectiveness of potential interventions. You will be involved in a range of tasks including complex excel based modelling (such as Marginal Abatement Cost Curves), desktop research, technical report writing, contributing to bids, developing and running stakeholder engagement workshops, and preparing and delivering presentations for clients. You will be involved in multiple projects at once; working at different stages of projects simultaneously with different clients who are seeking to achieve rapid decarbonisation. You may also work in other technical areas underpinning waste collection and processing models, investment due diligence or product based LCA work.
You will be flexible, comfortable under pressure, have a strong work ethic, and an ability to learn technical work in a range of areas rapidly. You will be a self-starter, highly organised, and share our commitment to a high quality of work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
· 3+ years demonstrable experience of project delivery in a role where you have frequently undertaken greenhouse gas (GHG) emission modelling, to time, budget and client satisfaction.
· Strong technical understanding of GHG emission modelling, strengths and weaknesses of various carbon accounting standards, and development of decarbonisations plans or strategies.
· Excellent research and data analysis skills, including manipulation of large datasets;
· Demonstrable experience of strong verbal and written communication skills including technical report writing and client presentation;
· Demonstrable experience of applying creative, practical, common sense thinking to solve real-world problems;
· Experience working within the consultancy business model.
· A current network of potential clients, partners and sub-contractors in this technical area.
· Experience of having contributed to, or led, successful business development activity.
Bristol & Manchester based: £27,250 to £32,500 depending on qualifications and experience.
London based: an additional £3,000 in accordance with Eunomia’s London Weighting Allowance policy.
· Death in Service scheme;
· Private Healthcare; and
· Group Pension and Income Protection Scheme (after completion of probationary period)
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to and must include the following:
1) A formal covering letter should be submitted in a word format, not PDF (maximum 1 page of A4) addressed to Gemma Dececio summarising your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia.
2) A completed application form which should be downloaded from
3) The completed application form should be submitted in a word format, not PDF.
4) The deadline for applications is 9:00am Friday 6th December 2019. Shortlisting will take place soon after the deadline. If your application has been successful, we will be in touch shortly after this date with information regarding interview dates and location. Due to the large volume of applications we expect to receive, we will be unable to respond to all applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 months of the closing date, then unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
5) If your application is successfully shortlisted, you will be invited to complete an online Numerical Reasoning test.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered.
If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to:
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward.
Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer.