Heald Green, Cheshire
Facilities Operations Manager
We’re Together, proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Our team of over 750 colleagues is continuing to grow, and we are delighted to be 52nd in the 2019 Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For.
Lending year-in, year-out for over 45 years’ we’ve grown into one of the finance industry’s best-kept secrets. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities that make our customers’ financial ambitions accessible. We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
The main purpose of this role is to manage the operational effectiveness of the Facilities Department to enable constant improvement by continually developing and maintaining all aspects of the department’s governance structure, including risk management, policies and procedures, development and analysis of MI.
You will also provide management and project support to ensure that agreed tasks are completed by taking responsibility for the delivery of non-processing related activities for all stakeholders.
This is a 12 month FTC.
The salary is up to £35,000 plus an annual bonus and full benefits package.
• To develop and manage specific department change projects as required preparing for operational readiness and leading change from the customers perspective.
• To maintain oversight of the completion and implementation of departmental and cross departmental project work in order to deliver positive outcomes.
• To provide support to the HOD for the operational effectiveness of the department and its responsibilities.
• To ensure that department risks are regularly reviewed, monitored and reported against so that action can be taken.
• To maintain the departments work management systems, making improvements when necessary and correcting any faults that may be highlighted to maintain / improve the efficiency of the department.
• Drive the proactive identification of continuous improvement and process improvement opportunities to increase efficiency and automation of processes.
• Liaise with other Managers within department to continually assess and improve departmental performance and efficiency.
• Create and implement the department’s communication and engagement plans for both internal/external audiences.
• To develop and analyse the MI and reporting for the department, ensuring it is timely and accurately delivered to stakeholders.
What will you need?
• Excellent interpersonal, team-working and communication skills (both oral and written)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good project management skills
• Proven experience within a similar role
• Effective problem-solving and influencing skills
• Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise conflicting tasks
• Experience of managing relationships across multiple functions and teams
• Strong Microsoft office skills
• Experience using Microsoft project, Visio, SharePoint and InfoPath
• Experience of change implementation tools and techniques
• Qualification of PRINCE2 or Six Sigma
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
Together has been named as one of the UK’s best 100 mid-size companies, for the second year running, ranking at an impressive 52nd in the 2019 Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants are subject to enhanced pre-employment screening checks. This will consist of a Disclosure Barring Service check, credit check, fraud prevention check and sanctions file check.