Heyland Finance are delighted to be assisting our exclusive client, a highly established and successful SME Manufacturing subsidiary in the North Manchester area as they seek to appoint an experienced qualified Senior Management Accountant as part of a recent restructure.
Reporting to the Managing Director and managing a small team, the successful candidate will take care of the day to day running of the finance department as well as being responsible for project managing the implementation of a fully integrated ERP system. As the company embarks on a number of key projects, the successful candidate will place a heavy emphasis on the manufacturing processes, reviewing all standard costing models & inventory/management accounting functions.
Key responsibilities include;
* Monthly Management Accounts, preparation of annual budgets
* Responsible for a team of four accounts/admin staff
* Monthly P&L performance KPI reporting as well as providing detailed overview of site performance.
* Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labour.
* Management of production data and related general ledger postings including hours and materials reconciliations on a work order by work order basis
* Analysing Labour data collected and recording results
* Analysing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
* Provide accurate standard costs
* Analysing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
* Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
* Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
* Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
* Maintaining Cost Accounting System
* Oversees quarterly physical inventory counts and value accordingly.
* Reconciles physical inventories & w-i-p to stock system & general ledger
* Developing inventory analysis reports and analysing variances
* Assisting in the improvement of internal controls related to inventory
The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA Financial Controller / Senior Management Accountant with a proven track record in developing existing processes and procedures within an SME Manufacturing or Engineering environment.
Candidates who have previous experience of implementing a finance system will be of particular interest however, this is not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established, successful market leader as they embark on a number of interesting projects across their finance and operations functions. The successful candidate will enjoy a friendly working environment accompanied by a strong and supportive Managing Director with a finance background.