M1, Manchester, Greater Manchester
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an experienced Project Manager from within the geotechnical, ground and piling engineering sectors, who is looking for an immensely challenging opportunity with one of the recognised industry leading contractors.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading geotechnical specialists with a reputation for quality and innovation within the field of foundation and ground and underground engineering. Our client focuses on all aspects of modern geotechnics and foundation engineering, with a specialisation of the larger techniques, disciplines and contracts such as CFA, rotary and diaphragm walls, with or without bentonite / polymer fluids. These techniques are used to form a variety of structures including (but not limited to); foundations, deep basements, tunnels, station boxes, underground car parks, shafts, remediation of contaminated land, bored pile retaining walls and cut-off walls.
The business has a strategy to grow significantly over the next three to five years, coupled with the recent award of several long term major HS2 contracts, resulting in a number of exciting opportunities for Project Managers to play a key role in realising this strategy and delivering these works. The successful candidates will be qualified Engineers and possess extensive experience in leading geotechnical, piling and foundations projects across all sectors. Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, you will be responsible you will operationally take control of all assigned contracts. This will be successfully achieved through effective management and servicing associated clients, and a focus upon maintaining net margins combined with a high level of client and staff satisfaction, whilst liaising closely with the Directors in providing regular progress and general project reporting.
* To direct all contracts with a hands-on approach to the day-to-day activities of the business
* To develop and implement strategic plans for contracts ensuring that all goals are either achieved or bettered with an emphasis upon service delivery; and to effectively manage all activities with regard to operations, construction, staff, quality, health and safety and business planning
* To act as a focal point for the client; steering and guiding contracts forward, ensuring full client liaison and development coupled with moving the business ahead by increasing service levels and client focus
* Manage external consultants (e.g. design) to enable delivery – driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project’s objective
* Working with the commercial team to ensure effective cash flow management. Also producing accurate management reports on time and co-operating tightly with the Financial department
* Hold regular review meetings with the staff in developing a proactive focus upon quality, overheads, manpower, programming, organisation and delivery aspects
* To ensure a high level of teamwork and cohesion between all levels of staff
* Ensure the company and divisional procedures and policies are followed by the relevant teams
* Completion and ownership of all project documentation, including various aspects of the approval stages of schemes
* Minimise project risks, initiating corrective or preventative measures if required, and provide project reports for all deliverables
* To have a proven track record in hands on leadership and management from within a geotechnical / piling / foundations engineering organisation
* To have run projects with a diplomatic and pragmatic approach, but also with a hands-on attitude to clients, sub-contractors and team management
* To have had firsthand experience of leadership management and therefore able to demonstrate a tenacious, lead from the front approach to achieving results, and to have previous experience of working in a piling client / end user focused environment
* To have experience of any larger discipline of piling, foundations, geotechnical and ground engineering contracts
* Must possess an excellent understanding of the contracting process as well as the ability to manage and develop the businesses both technically and commercially
* Able to demonstrate a career of steady progression, climbing through the ranks in a structured manner with reputable organisations
* Good levels of experience at both pre and post contract stages
An attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate, along with longevity and security of work given the company’s commitment to growth and multiple, long running major projects