As an IT Assurance Manager within the national Technology Solutions team, and reporting directly to the Technology Solutions Director and/or Partner, you will be responsible for delivering IT Assurance (external audit) to a range of sectors, most notably in Financial Services, Corporates and Public Sectors. Client satisfaction is of paramount importance to us and you will need excellent communication and written skills, and an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
A broad range of clients and sectors are included in the client portfolios in the Manchester office and across the North including:
– Local Government and Health
In addition, our national practice includes a large and diverse range of sectors. The candidate would be expected to contribute relevant skills and experience to the national practice as the need arises.
• Responsibility for managing and oversight over all external IT audit engagements for the Manchester office and other North based offices (e.g. Liverpool, Leeds and Durham);
• Responsible for scoping/planning, budgeting, providing oversight to engagement progress, quality assurance of deliverables, leading closing meetings with client management, and acting as a point of contact for both the Partner and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the work;
• To deliver work to the highest technical standards including ensuring the work (including that of team members working for you) is conducted in line with Mazars Quality standards;
• Manage a team of Assistant Managers, Seniors and Juniors across a portfolio of projects;
• Ensuring all work is undertaken to budget and meets client KPIs;
• To build and develop long term relationships with senior stakeholders across our client organisations as well as within Mazars itself;
• Act as a role model – help to develop and mentor members of the Technology Solutions team;
• To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them;
• Build and develop strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
• Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
• Experience in leading IT General Controls reviews for at least one key application such as SAP or Oracle, and standard packages such as Agresso, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage;
• Knowledge of operating systems such as unix, windows server, and linux and databases such as SQL, Oracle, DB2;
• Experience in delivering audit analytics within projects using tools such as ACL and SQL;
• Respond to the needs of the client and staff;
• To confidently deliver clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients;
• Clearly understand the wider service line capabilities of Technology Solutions and the wider firm and how these may benefit your clients;
• Support Technology Solutions senior management in the development of the practice, by leveraging the skills and experience gained previously to identify and support the implementation of new initiatives, ideas and processes;
• To support the development of the business via proactive targeting of key service lines with clients;
• To contribute and be responsible for the management of a team based in Manchester office and for managing their performance, training and development requirements, in particular graduate trainees;
• Ensure that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client; and
• Identify and transform opportunities and prospects into new work.
• Significant experience (5-7 years minimum) of providing IT assurance to clients across sectors relevant to the Manchester office;
• You will possess a relevant professional qualification such as CISA / QiCA / ACCA / MIIA / CIPFA;
• Have a sound technical understanding of IT risks and hot topics;
• Experience of managing a portfolio of major/complex clients and a team of staff, including Managers;
• Experience of developing junior staff and mentoring team members;
• Experience of building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders;
• Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver work effectively;
• Strong technical abilities in audit methodologies, combined with strong business acumen;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills proven through extensive report/proposal writing experience;
• Desire to help grow and develop the department;
• Demonstrates ability to develop new initiatives and methodologies;
• Experience of identifying issues through sound technical analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations;
• Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication.
• The Technology Solutions Team also delivers services such as Cyber, Data Privacy, Forensics, Data Analytics and IT Outsourcing. Therefore, experience of any of these service lines would be an advantage
WORKING AT MAZARS
We embrace your individual strengths to capitalise on what makes you unique.
We are proud to offer a working environment where everyone is given opportunities to shine. The firm promotes an environment in which you can be yourself, grow and achieve your goals.
Whether you want to gain exposure to different types of clients, learn new skills or move nationally or internationally, Mazars offers plenty of opportunity to achieve your goals.
At Mazars we operate an agile approach to working. For us agile working means empowering and trusting our people. Empowering our people to work where, when and how they choose. And trusting our people to make the right choices for Mazars, their team and themselves to deliver the best outcome for the client. By its very nature, agile working won’t look the same for everyone. Ultimately it’s up to our people to decide what’s right.
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
WE ARE MA