Junior Financial Editor
12-month initial contract – with a view to extending
£29,000 per annum – plus excellent benefits and bonuses
A very rare and exciting opportunity for a junior Editor to join a highly prestigious and global financial services company based in Manchester has just become available.
Within this brand-new position, you will be based in the busy and lively editorial team working closely with other Editors. This position is based in their Manchester offices, but you will be liaising closely with the London team to publish research and press releases to the company website. You will also be working closely with the desktop formatters and an offshore support team and will involve adjusting elementary formatting in research reports using Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio. They are a fantastic, friendly team within an organisation who really know how to look after their staff.
This new Editor role not only offers a generous basic salary, but also comes with exceptional perks and benefits. It really is a fantastic new opportunity for a junior Editor to make an impact within a friendly, professional team.
• Editing reports for content, grammar, structure and style
• Maintaining quality standards
• Liaising regularly with teams to support accuracy and style standards in the publishing process, especially of template rules
• Liaising closely with analysts to produce a quality, finished product
• Checking final documents to ensure all information (text and graphics) is clear and accurate
• Ensuring documents are appropriately indexed and passed along to production or archived in the research database correctly
• Helping to manage reports through to completion, including consistency of fundamental information on reports and in databases
• Providing constructive criticism on structure, grammar – liaising with colleagues to ensure accuracy of text and graphics
• Liaising with press team to ensure that press releases and research reports are coordinated
• Knowledge of financial markets, bond/equity markets and credit ratings industry
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management
• Able to handle multiple research reports and edit within tight deadlines
• Must be able to work as part of a close-knit team as well as independently
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
This is a fantastic role for an Editor wanting to take the next step in their career working for a well-known financial organisation in Manchester. To apply for this opportunity please send your CV to Gemma Grima-Brown today.
It is HYFs policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.