Lead Front-end Engineer
£47,400 – £59,300 (Grade D18) plus excellent benefits including:
28 days holiday / flexible working / annual incentive scheme
Manchester city centre
We’re looking for 2 lead front-end engineers to join Co-op Digital. One role will sit in our e-commerce team and would suit someone with a React background. The other role would sit within our web platform team.
The mission for our e-commerce products is to deliver fresh groceries that are less effort than ordering a takeaway pizza. The team have launched our beta across Manchester and London and are currently looking for people to help us take our on demand grocery delivery service to the next level.
The coop.co.uk web platform empowers our product teams to get to market fast by creating the platform and shared design language for all Co-op products. We’re looking for people who enjoy designing front-ends that scale – and all the challenges that brings.
If you can bring us the digital skills we need, you’ll have an opportunity to build a career with a business puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
* lead the implementation of front-end development across multiple products
* help develop our code quality standards and implementation
* help to make choices about the front-end technologies we use
* lead, guide and develop other front-end colleagues
* facilitate community of practice meetings to share knowledge across the team
* contribute to – and expand – the Co-op design system
* work collaboratively in programming sessions with other members of the team
* work on large scale, challenging, design and code
This role would suit people who have
* experience with React, Vue.js and templating languages like Nunjucks
* a link to an online portfolio included in your CV will be beneficial
* experience working in a design or UX role, although this isn’t essential
* an interest in scalable code using methodologies such as BEM and micro front-ends
* experience working in a multi-disciplinary team with interaction designers, user researchers, content designers, testers, quality analysts, software and platform engineers
* good relationship building and collaboration skills
* the ability to work in a dynamic role, with multiple conflicting priorities
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
* competitive salary
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* annual incentive scheme
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test…… click apply for full job details