Our client is a professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes.
Because of their forward-thinking teams, mission-critical equipment operates effectively in the world’s most challenging environments. Whether sharing innovative solutions or manufacturing advanced systems, absolute trust is core to all they do. They have two core business streams which are:
Technology & Engineering. Design, deliver and support high-integrity systems from their facilities in Portsmouth, Manchester and Melksham. Engineering teams apply advanced techniques to produce solutions for our customers which can be relied upon for long service life, in difficult or dangerous environments. These include: atmosphere control systems for nuclear submarines and thermal management systems for chemical processing and energy industries.
Consulting and Programme Services (CaPS). Provide through life services to enable their clients to manage the evolution of their own systems and services, in their own domain. Leveraging their long heritage of experience of designing, delivering and supporting safety, mission and business critical systems, we provide individuals with domain leading knowledge, skills and experience who can work within client teams or take full responsibility for the delivery of outcomes.
This role is based at our clients Melksham manufacturing facility in Wiltshire and is to support their rugged server and storage system business and future product development.
Responsibilities will include:
* Working with the technical and design team to introduce all new and existing products.
* Creating timelines for both current and NPI products, and help in identifying product / systems solutions.
* Creating test plans to meet compliance for components and systems to meet customer requirements.
* Help manage new product development, prototype designs and builds.
* Managing and execution of internal and external environmental and EMI testing of products to military standards.
* Investigation and resolution of product problems in support of the technical team as required.
* Technical support to the sales team for bids and proposals including compliance to customer specifications.
* Oversee the production of product manuals and documentation.
* Provide technical assistance to production on build techniques.
* Evaluation of new components.
* HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Strong technical background
* Knowledge of CE, MIL or DEF STAN EMI and environmental standards an advantage
* Flexibility, enthusiasm, self-motivated and able to work well under own initiative
* Able to build long-term successful client partnerships, both internally and externally
* Able to negotiate and influence others
* Decision-making / problem solving skills
* Strong presentation skills, confident speaker and professionally presented
Preferred but not essential:
* Experience of working on related projects
* Practical competence in mechanical and / or electronic system assembly
* Knowledge of BS drawing practices
* Experience of working within a Defence or Aviation environment
* Previous experience of an ERP system
* Knowledge of ISO9000 or a similar QA system
* Experience within a lean manufacturing environment
* Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
* Candidates will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
* Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company. To gain SC clearance you will normally need at least 5 years’ UK residency