Do you wish to take on a role with excellent opportunities for long term career progression?
If so, please read on…
About the division
The advisory and programme delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from a few million pounds to £20bn through the technical disciplines of land advisory, programme management, project management, project controls, scheduling, cost management, estimating, infrastructure finance, management consulting, digital consulting, education and healthcare management.
Our transportation portfolio is primarily a UK based business working in four key sectors of rail, highways, land and aviation. We deliver programme, project and commercial management services to clients in mainland Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Australasia while supporting other parts of the transportation business across the globe.
What is our vision?
Our vision, with your help, is to deliver major transportation projects as part of a global business and to establish our wide-ranging consultancy as credible and preferred for our existing and new clients.
Required criteria for the ideal Principal Land Consultant:
• Successfully managing teams of land consultants on major hybrid Bill, TWAO, DCO, CPO schemes
• Degree in geography or in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
• Substantial experience working on land management for transportation and infrastructure schemes
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of statutory processes, land referencing and standing orders and land & property Industry
• Excellent communication and organisational skills and ability to liaise at all levels with both internal and external shareholders
• Experience across a range of sectors is desirable
• Highly motivated and with excellent industry network
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to work in a fast paced environment whilst being under pressure
• UK travel and on occasion global
We can offer:
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
• Training Plan and Support: receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey towards gaining chartered status with the Institute of Consulting (IC).
• Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the start of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
• A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
• Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. We pension match up to 7% and will provide all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
• A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
• A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team
• Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
• An annual professional institution subscription
• Life insurance
• Enhanced parental leave
• Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
• Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
A bit about the role
Whilst reporting directly to the experienced Land Advisory Associate Director, you’ll be managing multiple projects and workstreams on major infrastructure schemes. The focus of this exciting new role and opportunity is to help to manager delivery on infrastructure schemes providing
high quality land advice for our clients.
Equality, diversity and inclusion statement:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
Does this sound interesting to you? Get in touch today!
Choose how you’d like to visit mottmac.com