Heald Green, Cheshire
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Safeguarding Officer to join our People and Culture (HR) department on a full time basis as part of an initial 1 year fixed term contract. The successful candidate will be based at our Head Office in Cheadle, Greater Manchester and receive a competitive salary of £24,000 – £28,000 per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
The Safeguarding Officer has primary responsibility for managing, reporting and resolving safeguarding concerns at Human Appeal with a view to reducing risk and providing a harmonious working environment for staff, volunteers and beneficiaries.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Safeguarding Officer:
– Take a lead role in the continued development and review of HA’s safeguarding strategy, policy and processes, ensuring that best practice in relation to safeguarding is implemented.
– Ensure that appropriate safeguarding methods are properly embedded into Human Appeal culture, through the provision of safeguarding training and departmental Safeguarding Champions and 24-hour ‘on-call’ access to safeguarding advice.
– Act as first point of contact for all safeguarding concerns at HA and ensure that any concerns raised are dealt with in a timely manner by manning a dedicated ‘Speak Out’ inbox and providing 24-hour ‘on-call’ access to safeguarding advice.
– Ensure that all safeguarding incidents are properly and accurately logged on a Safeguarding Register and that any pertinent issues are reported to the appropriate level (Board of Directors / CEO / Board of Trustees).
– Take the lead on responding to whistleblowing cases via appropriate procedures and support the People and Culture Business Partner and wider P+C team in settling Employee Relations cases.
Benefits of joining us as our Safeguarding Officer include:
– 35 Days Annual Leave
– Matched Pension Contribution
– Flexible Working
– Employee Discounts and Memberships
What we’re looking for in our Safeguarding Officer:
– Graduate, ideally in a relevant field such as Social Work
– At least 2 years’ experience working in a related role within a Safeguarding remit
– At least 2 years’ experience of working with vulnerable adults or children
– Highly organised, with an ability to multitask and manage a busy workload
– Passionate about international development work and humanitarian aid
This would be the ideal role for an Experienced Safeguarding Officer or Social Worker looking to further their career and to make a difference in the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Safeguarding Officer – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
What Our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr. Mohamed Ashmawey
What Our Staff Say:
“I appreciate the support from the senior leadership team. The CEO is a hands-on leader who supports his workforce with passion and energy. He promotes his employees’ successes and motivates his teams to work harder”
Humeira, Donor Care Manager
“Everyone’s friendly and eager to help. We’re a small team, but everyone has their own thing about them that makes them unique. Someone teaches me something new every day! Everyone is close and we have lunch together. Being a part of Human Appeal is like a second family!”
Eleanor, Volunteers Assistant
“The reasons I have remained working witin the charity sector, and specifically with Human Appeal, is the feeling of contentment. I feel that I am contributing towards a greater cause – I am part of a bigger picture – and I get to meet like-minded people”
Jahed, Business Analyst
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
– We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
– We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
– We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
– We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
– We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
– We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester
COME AND JOIN THE FAMILY – click ‘apply’ today!