Job Ref: 19898
Job Title: Senior Ecologist
Location: Birmingham, Manchester or London
Salary: 29,000 – 42,000
A well-established environmental consultancy is looking to expand its team through the appointment of a senior consultant grade ecologist. Working alongside landscape planners, you will play a key role in the delivery of projects within infrastructure in and around Birmingham, Manchester or London.
You will have the opportunity to work on development led projects ranging from barn conversions to complex urban extensions, industrial and residential developments. To be successful in post you should have a minimum of three years proven consultancy experience and candidates with CIEEM membership and/or EPS licences are well desired.
As a Senior Ecologist, you will:
• Undertake and manage ecological impact assessment work in a range of sectors
• Lead and carryout protected species surveys
• Liaise with existing clients and undertake business development activities to develop your own client base
• Manage and mentor graduate and seasonal ecology team members
Qualifications and Experience:
To be successful in the post, you will have:
• At least three years of demonstrable ecological consultancy experience
• Excellent academic qualifications in ecology or biological sciences
• Excellent survey skills, to include extended Phase I and protected species work, and excellent report writing skills
• Experience of business development and winning work
• Experience of EcIAs in relation to residential, mixed-use and renewable energy schemes
• Strong understanding of legislative and planning policy framework in relation to ecology and conservation
• Experience of mentoring junior team members
You’ll be joining a fun and dynamic team who have enjoyed celebrating successful growth over the last few years. Company benefits include regular team away days, community volunteer days once a month, excellent training and career prospects and 25 days of annual leave. The outlook for the ecology team continues to be an exciting one and there is scope for you to play an important role in how the team develops going forward.