SHIFT TEAM LEADER
Our client are currently recruiting a Shift Team Leader to join the Operations department of an Energy from Waste power station. Leading a team of Plant Operators, the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring the station hits its production targets in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. This role will involve a mixture of shift and day work.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for:
* The day to day management of Plant Operators who will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
* Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters & the NIEA Operating Permit whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
* Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as a Authorised Person (AP1) for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 11kv).
* Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
* Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties
* Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Please note this role will involve a mixture of day work (Mon to Fri) and shift work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/HND/DEGREE in an engineering discipline
* CEA BOAS would be an advantage
* Experience in an operational environment on a power station. This could be energy from waste, coal, CCGT, biomass, CHP or nuclear.
* IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
* Excellent proven leadership skills
* Team player
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Able to schedule and co-ordinate work to tight deadlines
* Excellent organisation skills
In return, our client offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including training opportunities