Our client is looking for a Strategic Director who will help to lead them into their next phase, providing visionary leadership to the team and stakeholders across Greater Manchester.
The Strategic Director role is critical for our client to implement their ambition of 75% of the population active by 2025. This role will shape the conditions for success, participating and encouraging collaboration and co-production, brokering relationships and sharing insight of people and place.
Strategic Director Responsibilities:
– Strategic influencing, relationship-building in Greater Manchester (GM) alongside the Executive Lead and the CEO (sector / system lead relationships will be identified for each).
– Develop first-class relationships with all key stakeholders and senior levels, including NHS, Local Authorities, VCSE organisations, TfGM, GM Active, Sport England and others.
– Connecting the system, sharing the narrative, growing the movement, and developing other senior leaders in the system to do the same.
– Ensure that the work of the team and key stakeholders is evidence based, informed by data, research and analysis and international / national learning about what works best to address inactivity and engage people in active lives.
– Provide strategic leadership for place-based approaches, aligned to the Greater Manchester Principles of Reform, and the client’s principles.
Strategic Director Requirements:
– Educated to degree standard is desirable.
– Track record of leading teams or organisations and taking responsibility for all personnel and business development issues.
– Strong business acumen and experience in working with multiple funding partners and organisations at Board level.
– Experience of working with senior decision makers and leaders from a number of sectors.
– Experience of working in partnership with other organisations and individuals.
About Our Client:
Our client is a multi-award-winning charity passionate about making Greater Manchester the most active region in England.
They are one of the leading Active Partnerships in the country working in partnership with Sport England and the GMCA to support the delivery of the Government’s strategy for sport and physical activity, ‘Sporting Future’ Towards an Active Nation.
This strategy outlines the outcomes that define why the government invest in physical activity and sport and by which organisations like our client’s measure impact: 1. Physical Wellbeing 2. Mental Wellbeing 3. Individual development 4. Social and community development, 5. Economic development.
Location: Manchester, M11 3FF
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract until end March 2022 (extension subject to funding), 37 hours per week
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 per annum
Benefits: Health plan, Local Government Pension, Volunteer Days, Flexible working and training allowance
Closing Date: 29 November 2019 (5pm)
Interviews to take place: 10 December 2019
Please apply for this role with an up to date CV and a personal statement outlining why you think you are right for this role.
You may have experience of the following: Strategic Director, Director of Services, Head of Services, Service Delivery Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Head of Operations, Operations Director, Strategy Manager, Continuous Improvement, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector etc.